“Will you marry me?”
This may seem like a simple question, but it’s an important one.
If you’re looking for proposal ideas so you can pop the question to your beloved, read these ideas taken from real proposal stories around the country for inspiration.
You’ll find a variety of the best proposal ideas ever, and it’s totally okay to borrow some of these marriage proposal ideas for your own special someone.
- Choose a favorite place -- a fountain, hotel rooftop, monument or national park with personal significance to each of you. Then, ask someone to take a picture of you together, and instead of posing, drop down on one knee.
- Get in touch with the stage manager of your favorite production and propose after the cast's curtain call. Call ahead and see if you can have a special note or ad placement added into the playbill, so you have a keepsake of the proposal.
- Ask the divers at an aquarium to put on a proposal show inside their biggest fish tank. Give them a (waterproof) sign that says, "Will you marry me?" to hold up against the glass and then position yourselves for what will, at first, seem like feeding time.
- Send your fiancee-to-be on a treasure hunt that ends with your proposal. Start with a clue at home (a handwritten note or text message) that leads to a tour of your favorite spots all over town.
- Hire a skywriter to spell out your proposal for everyone around to see.
- Rent a Vespa, scooter or bikes to tour the city and invite your soon-to-be fiancee for a ride, but remind him or her to be safe and wear a helmet. Hand over the helmet (with the ring box already in it), and then you can zip around town to celebrate!
- Gather a group of your friends and family for a party and have everyone put on a T-shirt or carry balloons filled with helium (otherwise they won't float) bearing one of the letters in the phrase, "Will you marry me?" Then, suggest a group picture to reveal the message.
- Spell your proposal out in glow-in-the-dark star stickers on your ceiling. Get into bed, turn the lights off and wait for the gasp. Refrigerator magnet letters work too!
- Throwback to your childhood with a proposal written in sidewalk chalk on your street or driveway.
- Take him or her to the exact place where you had your first date. Reminisce a little, and then say something like "We've had an amazing journey together so far, and now I think we're ready to take the next step in that journey. I'm hoping you'll do me the honor of marrying me."
- Play a trivia game together. When it's his or her turn, ease into saying "Your question is: Will you marry me?" rather than the question written on the card.
- Scatter petals from the front door to the bedroom, and then use more petals to spell out "Will you marry me?" Alternatively, you could use candles to trace a path. (But don't burn the house down!)
- Take your loved one on a sky diving adventure. After you pull your shoot, you’ll both land trapped under your parachute. Ask her to help you out of your chute and when she lifts it, be on one knee holding a ring, asking for her hand in marriage.
- Take him or her bungee jumping. When she gets to the top reveal the letters “Will you marry me? Jump for yes!” at the bottom.
- Enjoy a ski weekend together. As you are skiing down the mountain have a huge sign made that says “Will you marry me (name)?” And once you get to the bottom of the mountain, get down on one knee and propose.
- Surprise her with a sunrise hot air balloon ride complete with mimosas and a romantic proposal as you soar through the air with the clouds.
- Spend the day rafting down the river. When you finish up, get down on one knee and tell her that you want to weather the rapids of life together and ask if she’ll spend her life with you.
So... what do you think of the list? Any marriage proposal ideas you'd like to add?
Let us know in the comments! :)
[gravityform id="2" title="true" description="true" ajax="true"]